Traceview started as Tracelytics, was acquired by AppNeta, and is now part of SolarWinds. All the standard dashboard and drill down capabilities that you have come to expect with SolarWinds are naturally included.
- Languages: .NET, JAVA, PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, GO
- Advanced visualization with filtering & drill-down
- Cross-host, distributed transaction tracing
- Latency, host, and error-based alerting
- Distributed Transaction Tracing
- Error reporting at every layer
- Machine-level metric collection & charting
- Real User Monitoring (RUM)
- Java Management Extension (JMX) monitoring support
Cost: $79 per month + Storage $19 per GB per month
Monitoring Guide – AppOptics (TraceView)
Between insightful visualizations like the application service map and the new simplified service- and trace-level root cause summaries, it’s easy to understand the relationships between services and their dependencies and pinpoint application performance issues with legacy and modern applications.
- The auto-instrumented application service map provides context for how a service or dependency translates to end-user performance. With the application service map, you can drill into a particular service to view more detailed performance metrics.
- The service summary automatically evaluates service metrics and provides a simple explanation pinpointing latency, errors, spikes, and more. Roughly focused on the four golden signals of application performance, the service summary view includes response time, request rate, error rate, and CPU utilization. The summary screen shows you if your services are behaving normally, and if they aren’t, it shows you what the underlying issues are.
- The trace summary automatically evaluates a transaction and highlights where the service is spending most of its time. What happens if the application is looping through custom code? The new trace summary page (paired with live code profiling) will tell you which function was slow.
Distributed transaction tracing
AppOptics ties together the path of an entire request into a trace, so even as you add internal services or APIs, you’ll know the link between deep-down bottlenecks and user impact.
- See end-to-end behavior of individual requests in real time, in production
- Understand the impact of upstream services on downstream resources across N tiers
- Drill down to inspect request state and debug performance impact with trace timelines
- With one click, go from an AppOptics trace into Loggly or Papertrail and see all the logs that are associated with that specific transaction or request and rapidly pinpoint bottlenecks and failure points.
Pages: 1 2